Switch it up for Summer

This post features a paid for advertorial On the way to brunch around midday, someone on the radio announced that it had crossed into...

This post features a paid for advertorial

On the way to brunch around midday, someone on the radio announced that it had crossed into the warmer weather... 31C, in fact. So as the temperature over here climbs, I thought I would share exactly what I love to have for the proper Spring/Summer seasons, from head to toe! Transitioning into the warmer weather means a shift in style and scents, so here are the main changes that I will be going through to adapt to the heat.

Shoes

One warm weather trend that I'm really adoring is jelly shoes. I don't mean the clunky ones we all wore in the nineties, but much sleeker, comfortable ones, to the point where you can't even tell that they are made of plastic. They're perfect for beach days, and are comfortable enough that you could wear them all day and feel like you're walking on air! I adore these Ted Baker Ettiea Flat Sandals*, which can easily be worn for brunch or more formal day events, with the classic bow and rose gold embellishment. In black or white, they would go with almost every summer outfit. If you aren't a fan of open toed shoes, you could go for the much pricier Salvatore Ferragamo Nilly Jelly D'Orsay Flats, or if you wanted a similar shoe for formal events, Ferragamo's Perala Sling Jelly Sandals would be a nice alternative. Either way, this nineties favorite will be perfect for those of us nostalgic for a simpler time...

Lighter bags

Since being gifted a Coach wristlet, I've realized how convenient ditching the stuffed bags is. I cannot recommend getting a smaller bag for the warmer weather. We all know how sweaty we get, and lugging around the extra pounds just makes our perfume's job harder. By only carrying the essentials (your phone, keys and a bit of cash), you're not only making it easier to travel, but also makes you less at risk of ending up stuck in tourist season (if you catch my drift). 

Beach hair, don't care

For me, summer is usually a time where I like to leave my hair in its natural curls. I don't want to wash my hair every day, but usually the hot weather means that by the second day everything looks a mess. Even though this seems to be a year round problem here, there are definitely solutions to help train your hair for the hot weather. I've recently started using Redken's Scalp Relief Oil Detox Shampoo to train my hair and leave it longer between washes, and have really been enjoying it! The only downside i can seem to find is that my hair does feel tangled when using this, so a strong conditioner like Redken's All Soft Conditioner is great at making sure that the ends of my hair are still smooth. It's perfect for beach days, because you can keep your hair calm in the sea!

Softer scents

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who does this, but I love switching to 'lighter' scents in the summer. For winter, I'd been loving Sì Intense by Giorgio Armani, but in the warm weather I absolutely adore wearing Marc Jacobs perfumes. You really can't go wrong with these gorgeous floral scents, which are refreshing and scream Spring/Summer. My personal favorite is Daisy Dream, but I love them all! I'm almost out of this perfume, so do let me know if you have any other summery scents to recommend!

Let me know what you do to prepare for the warmer weather, and what you're looking forward to for summer style! I'd love to hear your tips on how to get ready for the heat!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow