Words of the Week - an Introduction

London's lilies are arguably the best ones out there Sarah and I were thinking about a way to reflect upon each week, something I...

London's lilies are arguably the best ones out there

Sarah and I were thinking about a way to reflect upon each week, something I could write consistently, just to summarize everything that's happened. Thus was the invention of "Words of the Week", where I just tell you what I've done, thought, read... you get the gist. So, here goes.

Going back to school is one of those things I absolutely dread, especially after coming to terms with the fact that I'm essentially going through this final year on my own. I'm embarrassingly excited to graduate, and I'm hoping I can just put my head down and get all my work done without any drama. That being said, I've already had to deal with some not-so-kind words this week, so I'm ever grateful to a few special people (namely, Sarah), who just know how to make everything more entertaining.

On a much more positive note, I've just finished The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, which was extremely interesting. If you'd be interested in finding out what I'm reading, feel free to follow me on Goodreads. I love using it to document what books I've enjoyed, and just completed the 100 book reading challenge for the year. If you're into books, and like finding new novels based on your experiences, Goodreads is the site for you. 

I've also just started going on Medium, a article sharing platform. The writers on this website are impeccable, each with their own, unique writing style. I envy the fluidity of their writing, and have spent an hour too many procrastinating on the site. Every article is different, and when you sign up to the site, you can select what areas you are interested in. From there, you get an email everyday sharing recommended articles, and can enjoy whatever reading about whatever topic you wish.

Song of the Week - WILD - EP, Troye Sivan (the whole album is perfection, in my opinion)
Quote of the Week - “Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.”, The Handmaid's Tale 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow