Week Endings - Return of the Blogger

A very eventful meeting today It's been a while hasn't it? Now that the month of hell is over and done with we're coming bac...

A very eventful meeting today
It's been a while hasn't it? Now that the month of hell is over and done with we're coming back with new and (hopefully) better posts.

As someone who's looking forward to the first summer since kindergarten that's stress-free, I have a jam packed schedule. And I mean jam packed. I have a giant list of filmographies, bibliographies, jams and little reads and look-ups that I want to share with you all weekly; as usual.

Without further ado, here is Week Endings - Return of the Blogger:

Bibliography

Of course I will mention another Murakami book. However, it is one of Haruki Murakami's only non-fiction works. What I Talk About When I Talk About Running is all about Murakami's passions and how they 'intersect'. The book was written as Murakami was training for the New York marathon, vividly describing how his obsession with writing and running came about. This short memoir really lets you inside the author's head and perhaps even helps produce a clearer image when reading his novels.
credit: Amazon

Filmography

It would be very anticlimactic for me to recommend Star Wars episode IV: Return of the Jedi...so I'll recommend Star Wars episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.

No argument here, The Empire Strikes Back was the best Star Wars film made (the original trilogy are among the greatest films made). I'm sure I won't need to expand on this any further so here is the trailer and may the force be with you.

credit: Lucas Film LTD.

Jams

I do have an odd taste in music, and I've been emptying my wallet on vinyl records. So a little game of eanie-meeni chose this weeks Jam: Dirty Boots by Sonic Youth.

Asides having among the most famous  album covers, Sonic Youth's Goo is a really 'transplendid' (quoting Annie Hall) journey into music. It's really hard for me to define through words - like other things - but it makes me think of the color scheme of Kubrick films but not his films to be precise.



Gastronomy

Woops I'm on a juice cleanse. Sorry for now folks.

Check out:


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow