Words of the Week - Bags, Backgrounds and Books

Maligne Lake, Jasper National Park Source This week has been a long one, filled with writing, editing, and proof reading. I'm sure...

Maligne Lake, Jasper National Park
Source
This week has been a long one, filled with writing, editing, and proof reading. I'm sure you're all looking at the blog and wondering what I'm on about. It was all for my EE (and peer reviewing), which I can very proudly say is over. There is nothing more satisfying than submitting something that you've spent almost a year working towards. Okay, enough of the excuses. I promise to try and increase the amount of content on my end, so, without further ado, here's what I've been enjoying  this week...

Sans Maquillage 
This week has been so hectic that I've gone sans maquillage (without makeup for those non-francophones). It's been really nice to just wake up, do a quick routine and hop out of the door without a second glance. People haven't commented that I look like a corpse, which either means that they can't tell, or that I just look like that all the time. It made me really rethink the value of makeup, and I really urge you all to try and spend a few days not wearing makeup. It really is an interesting experience. Plus, you can hit the snooze button a few more times, which is always a plus.

New Bag
Kate Spade New York Cobble Hill Small Devin Satchel
I bought this bag over the Summer in London on sale, and have finally started using it. It's the perfect bag to stuff things in, with more pockets than any other bag I own. I kid you not, I found new pockets and zippers every time I wore the bag these past few days. It's a lovely bag, and isn't like the typical bags I wear. I usually go for an all black ensemble, with a pop of color on the shoes and bag, so this is a nice bag to wear when I experiment with my outfits. 

Backgrounds
I'm a sucker for a good desktop background. As weird as it is, I will spend way too much time debating over what background I should have on my phone and laptop. I found some lovely photos here, and the photo at the top of the post is the one I'm currently using on my desktop. I also have a photo from the Burberry S/S16 show as my other wallpaper, because it is absolutely stunning. People have been commenting on it all week, so, if you'd like to take a look at it, it's in my LFW post.

Books
In terms of reading, I've really struggled this week. I'd like to try out some new books, so, if you have any suggestions, please tweet them to the blog's twitter, or to me directly. I had a bit of a fangirl moment this week, when Lex Martin replied to a few of my tweets. I mentioned her books in my last Words of the Week, and her books are absolutely wonderful. I'd strongly recommend reading them if you're into contemporary romance. They're the perfect pick me up.

Songs of the Week -
Stand by You, Rachel Platten  -  such an uplifting song.
Hands to Myself and Sober, Selena Gomez - I'm not sure how I feel about the Revival album as a whole, but these two songs are really different from Selena Gomez's usual songs. I may or may not have them on loop.
Runnin' (Lose It All) ft. Beyoncé, Arrow Benjamin, by Naughty Boy - This song isn't what I usually listen to, but I love the mix of the classic Beyoncé and the backing track. 

Articles of the Week -
Stock photos that don't suck, Dustin Senos - the source of my procrastination this week
13 Life Lessons I Learned from Emily Gilmore, Edward Barsamian - in honor of Gilmore Girls fifteenth (!) anniversary, the internet has been scattered with articles about the show. This one has been a favorite so far...

Let me know what you've been up to this week, and what you've been enjoying! It's always so lovely to hear your thoughts. This week will feature Paris Fashion Week, so get ready!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow