Words of the Week - Procrastination

A sneak peek of what's to come this week, courtesy of Vogue.co.uk First of all, I'd like to apologize... I've been proc...

A sneak peek of what's to come this week, courtesy of Vogue.co.uk



First of all, I'd like to apologize... I've been procrastinating, and due to this, the blog hasn't been up to scratch. I promise that I will try to improve the blog this month, but, it will be hard. Between us, Sarah and I have over 30 college applications, 2 Extended Essays, and 10 IAs to hand in over the next few months, so hopefully, around February, you will see a lot of more interesting content on this blog. Okay, enough guilt, let's see how this week went...
Reading
Again, this week hasn't been one of much exploration, but more of reflection. I will admit that I did write a bit on Medium, for the first time, so, if you are interested in reading my piece, click here. I was joking with Sarah that only I could write a literary analogies in the middle of the night, half asleep. Be warned, I talk about onions... Sarah has also jumped on the Medium bandwagon, writing about writer's block in her true artistic form. Besides writing an article of my own, I've been thinking of expanding to short stories and books. Now, Sarah is the expert on creativity and all things to do with it, so she has no problem pulling a premise out of thin air. Me, on the other hand, can barely put pen to paper without scrapping an idea. So, as a starting point, I read Character Creation and Novel Writing, by Tom Farr. I'm going to start from here, and let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed I'll have a few pages done by the time I next touch base. 
In terms of actual books (finally, no more self-promotion!) I stuck to my comfort zone this week. I reread Dearest Clementine for the millionth time, and, once again, no regrets. I reread the series, and threw in the newest book, Kissing Madeline. Boy, was that a good one. I truly believe that Lex Martin can do no wrong. I really want to read a few more books that make me feel happy. I don't want to think too much, so these books are the best type. 
Watching
In terms of TV shows, I've been watching the newest Empire episodes like it's all I have left, because each one just gets better. Seriously, most people love this show, and I can see why. 
Otherwise, I've been watching Friday Night Lights from the beginning, because I feel like no other show portrays sports in such a way. It's a fascinating watch, even if you aren't the biggest sports fan. 
Best of the Week
Quote - “God, you make me hot when you talk grammar.” Dearest Clementine, Lex Martin
Song - Best Fake Smile, James Bay
This week...
A little bit of Paris Fashion Week, A Haul to Remember, and My Best Brushes

I hope you enjoy the week to come!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow