Words of the Week - (Re)Discovery

This week has been an odd one, even by my standards. We've had a long weekend, which for teachers, seemed to translate into "o...



This week has been an odd one, even by my standards. We've had a long weekend, which for teachers, seemed to translate into "oh hey, let's pile on half a dozen assignments and throw in a few tests on Sunday", so I've been hitting the books (well, attempting to) for the past few days. I'm itching to procrastinate, especially since it's impossible to write essays with writers block (I know that's not an excuse for not posting anything this week, but I've poured whatever creative energy I've had into some college applications). Does anyone have any suggestions to get those creative juices flowing? I'd love some guidance...
Besides being an odd week, I've felt like I haven't really been "there". The photo above essentially represents the way most Seniors are probably feeling, just because there's so much going on, yet you look back and feel like you haven't done anything.
Anyways, enough of the confused ramblings. Let's get into what I've been procrastinating with this week.

Peep Holes

Before we start, I just wanted to share this photo with you :') My brother broke his lock this morning (hilarious for all of us, not so much for him), and I was trying to sneak up on him, and caught this through the peep hole... Of course, I sent a snapchat to Sarah, and had to share the screenshot.

Music
In terms of music this past week, I've been listening to Selena Gomez's new album on repeat. I know, the irony. After our mini conversation last week, where I declared that only two songs really appealed to me, I took a bit more time to listen to the whole thing, and bam, I'm hooked. At first glance, the songs themselves are all very different, each one giving off its own energy. But, as you keep listening, you can see all the layers to every song; it leads to the overall idea that as an artist, Selena has transformed, and every lyric allows you to learn something new about her. If you have the time to spend exploring the new style, I'd say go for it.
In other news, I've also been hooked onto "Love Me", a new one by the 1975. Not going to lie, it's mainly the first few bars that entertain me (hint - listen to it with headphones.) I've also been obsessed with the new music from Empire. Honestly, that show has done no wrong up to this point, and the music cannot be put to fault. 

Articles
Refinery 29's interview with Selena Gomez, on her new album, Revival
I have to say, this interview was one of the most intimate and wonderful ones I've seen before. Even compared to the ones I've seen online, this one was by far my favorite. It was almost like a conversation between friends, so intimate, that I felt like I was trespassing by reading it. Refinery 29 has some amazing pieces, but this one is by far the best. Both Selena and the author come off as real people (I know, sounds odd, but if you see other interviews, they seem so forced and artificial), and if you do like Revival, this is a great interview to read whilst listening to!
The world is out to get me, by Jonas Ellison
This article was quite entertaining, especially once you get to the end. It does put into perspective one of our most unusual fears, and, makes you realize, you're not the only one who feels a certain way.
A Giant Dandelion, by Léa (c'est en français)
As soon as I read this, I had to share it with Sarah. It was so interesting to see some of the art work that people create in other countries, and the deeper meanings behind them are always fascinating. I'm not sure whether the website can be translated into English, but if it can, I'd strongly suggest reading this piece. PS - if anyone does know how to translate it, let me know!
Fubiz
A great place to find creativity from around the world (mais, c'est en français)

Let me know what you've been enjoying this past week, and what content you'd like to see from us! We're still a bit stumped on what to post!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow