Words of the Week - Productivity

Welcome back to the working week :/ Source I've written the title for this post and have burst out laughing... it wasn't me...



Welcome back to the working week :/
Source

I've written the title for this post and have burst out laughing... it wasn't meant to be sarcastic, but you know, I am writing instead of actually studying.

The past two weeks have been more relaxed than they probably should be, but between pigging out, being a night owl and spending way too much time rematching Gilmore Girls (Season 7, Episode 6 for those of you who are curious), who has time for work? I joke. I've been making infinite flashcards, posters and who knows what else in preparation for mock week (and by week, I mean 2 weeks). We've had 'optional' study leave, which I've happily taken and made a perfect schedule to be as productive as possible. It goes workout, smoothie, shower, flashcards, lunch, posters, dinner, past papers, pass out. All whilst watching Gilmore Girls. Before any of you gasp at how long and dull that day looks, fear not. It starts at 11 and ends at 3. It's great. So whilst I missed (most) of the rain today and jump at every sound I hear, it's working. Finally. Okay, enough blabbing, let's get on with it.

War and Peace
I have the humungous novel on my list, and I can't wait to read all of Tolstoy's classic. I say all because of course, I started this bad boy but never finished. The classic curse. But, with War and Peace on TV tonight, I've set a goal to finish the book before the end of season one. I read How Tolstoy rewrote the history of Russia from The Telegraph this afternoon, and it's made me even more excited for the series and the novel. Let me know your thoughts about both! P.S. for all of the Downton fans, it has Lily James in it!

Drown (Live from Maida Vale), Bring Me the Horizon
This song is incredible. It has all of the elements that a song should have... meaning, emotion and incredible voices. Whilst it might not be the most uplifting song, there's no arguing that it's not a good blaster. Oh, also, it was recorded near where I grew up, which is always a plus in my books.

The Beatles on Apple Music
Oh yeah, streaming stuff. I always used to enjoy watching people do the old Abbey Road picture, and after listening to the album on repeat this week, it makes me want to go home and cross the road myself. Another fun fact, my brother had a poster of the album cover up on his wall for six years. It went down last week, and may or may not have ended up on one of my walls. Oops.

Anyways, I hope you have a lovely week planned ahead! Whilst we may all be back to the books (or work), don't worry, I can see us all gasping over the fact that it's "December already" very very soon...


PS - Catch up on last weeks posts here



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow