Words of the Week - Ill, again

Oh, how I love peonies Source I'm pretty sure that every other time I write one of these, I'm telling everyone how I'm ill ...

Oh, how I love peonies
Source
I'm pretty sure that every other time I write one of these, I'm telling everyone how I'm ill in some way, shape or form. The exam stress is obviously getting to me, and with my French final speaking exam tomorrow (ak), I'm just sitting in my bed not making a peep. Obviously, this has meant a boat load of reading and watching TV, so let's take a look at what I've been enjoying!

What to read

Lenny letter

I subscribed to the email service on a whim, not expecting much of it. But after last weeks letter on discrimination and gender gaps in Hollywood, I began to read through the archives. It's fascinating to see the high calibre of writing and the passionate ideas of famous women. 

The wrath and the dawn, Renee Ahdieh

I didn't expect much from this young adult novel, but wow, was I surprised! The book discusses a royal's multiple marriages, all ending after just a day with each wife suddenly being killed as the sun rises. I really enjoyed this novel, especially with the links to Middle Eastern culture. 

Lady Midnight, Cassandra Clare

I don't know how I feel about this book. I was a fan of the original The Mortal Instruments series, but this spin-off wasn't as exciting as I expected. maybe it was just that I was younger when I read the original series, but who knows. Let me know what you thought about it.

From zero to 45 days in a row: how I built a habit of daily exercise

I really needed to read this. After being bedridden for multiple days, this is a great motivator to start on Monday.

What to watch

Proof of evolution that you can find on your body, Vox

This, like most things I find online, popped up on my Facebook feed. As a biology student (hahahahahahah we all know what I do in those lessons), it's amazing to watch theories you've been taught appear in real life. 

What have you been enjoying this week? Let me know in the comments!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow