Caffeinated: Coffee Subscriptions?

note: this post is in collaboration with Bean Bros Co. Caffeinated is going to be a new post-series I'll try to keep up once a month...

note: this post is in collaboration with Bean Bros Co.

Caffeinated is going to be a new post-series I'll try to keep up once a month, or at least on the bimonthly. Naturally, it'll be about coffee. It can be a "Brew It Yourself", a bean review, general coffee ramblings, etc. 
Peaberries are always a favourite

If you haven’t already noticed, I’m kinda into coffee. If I see a coffee-related account on Instagram I’m instantly checking them out. This always ends up with me following at least 40 accounts in a three minute time span; which in a way is good, since it allows me to explore the field of specialty coffee…however there’s danger in those two words: worldwide shipping.

I sort of went crazy in December, I think I ordered about four different bags of coffees online, as well as take two bags from Dubai and Tehran back to Italy with me. I really love experiencing coffee from different regions and different roasters. It’s an eye-opening experience. How different people see, treat and work with the same beans, the same region, the same varietal.

I stumbled upon a very interesting page in the middle of one of my exploits. It was a coffee subscription service run in Copenhagen. I’d heard of coffee subscriptions before and I was always a bit skeptical on whether the shipping would be worth it, or if I was sure about monthly deliveries, etc. Opening up their website, I checked out their details and I have to admit I was pretty impressed. For a (relatively) new company they had all the essentials, amazing gear and a nice selection of roasters they’d worked with.



credit: beanbros.co

Located in the heart of Scandinavia, Copenhagen coming from the world of design, communication and marketing.

I placed my order pretty quickly – taking advantage of their free shipping and my inner coffeeholic and also buying a grinder – and waited for their April Coffee box patiently. April Coffee was a fairly new roaster based in Denmark, I was excited to see which of their January coffees I would get; Kenya Baragwi or Guatemala San Florencio. After a little trip back to my family for the Holidays I came home to a wonderful little black box stamped ‘Bean Bros’. Naturally the grinder would arrive a few days later (big deliveries of course) and in pristine condition.

Being a med student and a coffee lover is a hard combination, believe it or not. Instead of spending ages trying to find interesting roasters or ones that would ship to me, and all the other things I’m either too lazy or too busy to do, people with great taste and open minds would be selecting that coffee right from the source for me. One wonderful thing about their subscription service is how lenient it is. You can try out a one-time coffee box, or change your subscription for whatever frequency you prefer (once a month, once every two months, etc.). 

So if you’re interested in a subscription, or maybe even a one time try, Bean Bros were awesome enough to offer you guys a 10% discount. Just pop in the code ‘farfelues10’ in the checkout and you’re good to go!




credit: beanbros.co

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow