Week Ending: It Was a Dark and Stormy Night

Already used this before...ah well Unrelated: I've recently come to the conclusion that Snoopy and I are no different. ...

Already used this before...ah well



Unrelated: I've recently come to the conclusion that Snoopy and I are no different.

Another week, another sarcasm fueled piece of writing (I'm sorry Tanya I can't help it). This week could have been worse, I keep telling myself. And in a way I guess it is true; it could have been worse. What I'm looking forward to the most would probably be halloween, however I'm not really sure what I'm going as. Several ideas were brought up but rejected by most.
Since this weekend is supposed to be a 'spooky' time, why not go with a 'spooky' theme?

Bibliography



Being a fan of speculative fiction and speculative horror, this short story is no doubt a must-read. The first time I came across William W Jacobs' "The Monkey's Paw", was probably some time around the 7th or 8th grade. I remembered the gist of the story, but the eerie atmosphere was still etched into my head. It was, of course, my own perception of the story's setting but it was all very 'gothic'*. The story is about a magical monkey's paw who grants he who posses it three wishes. However! There is a catch per each wish (creepy, huh?).
Read it on PDF right here.

*-not sure how else to exactly describe it as, so we'll go with gothic

Filmography



I love scary movies, but I can never watch them. At all.
Sure, I tend to write creepy, gory things...but horror films...
This is a film that I don't enjoy talking about. Mainly because I've still had trouble sleeping even after seeing it a month ago. Seriously.
It's an adaptation of a Stephen King novel, which King, oh so reassuringly, says is more terrifying than the novel. The Mist revolves around a violent storm hits a town in Maine, then an approaching cloud of mist appears the next morning. As the mist quickly envelops the area, a group of people get trapped in a local grocery store, among them, artist David Drayton and his five-year-old son. The people soon discover that within the mist lives numerous species of horrific, unworldly creatures that entered through an inter-dimensional rift (creepy, huh?).

Jams



I'm not sure exactly what I can recommend in a horror/halloween theme post, so bear with me. I can only think of one particular (Non-Michael-Jackson's-Thriller) song, and that is Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps) by David Bowie. 
Link here on youtube.

Gastronomy

Scary foods...Licorice! Ha ha he ha he ha ha! So funny!
If you're partying on the 31st or just in the mood to dig out alone check out this BuzzFeed post for 27 great halloween snacks. 

Check Out:


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow