Words of the Week - Une Semaine Française

Source I'm sure the photo above seems random. It is random, to be honest... Still, it's pretty. For some odd reason, this week ...

Source
I'm sure the photo above seems random. It is random, to be honest... Still, it's pretty. For some odd reason, this week seemed to have a very French theme to it. By the end of the post, maybe I'll end up in Paris. Hahahah, I wish. Okay, enough insanity, let's just get on with it.

Les films de Disney
This week, I decided to kick back and watch a few of my favorite Pixar/Disney animated films, but with a twist. They were en français (sorry Sarah, I'm not brave enough for the non-dubbed ones just yet). I began the week with Le Lorax (The Lorax), then went onto Vice Versa (Inside Out), swooned at Flynn Rider in Raiponce (Tangled), and finally, ended the week with everyone's (least) favorite, La Reine des Neiges (Frozen). It's a great way to learn the language, because these films are designed for kids, and have really simple language in them. Plus, the songs are so much fun to listen to in a different language!

The Help
Even though it wasn't in French, I re-watched The Help last night. It's fascinating how much the times have changed since the 1960s, and the film really does do justice to an incredible book. I've just started to re-read the book, and am a good third of the way in. Honestly, I was quite surprised at how much the film reflects the series of events from the book, but as always, you should read the book to get a full idea of the context. 

Les Articles 
Paris vs New York 
This article was so interesting, mainly because when we think of Paris, we assume that the Fashion Week style is year-round, and dream of the city, yet forget about how it must be for the other 50 weeks of the year.
National Geographic Photos of the Year
These photos are absolutely stunning! 
Je suis un idiot, je ne vois pas le petit français sur l'icône anglais sur le site. Mais, même si elle peut être lu en anglais, il est tellement amusant à lire en français!

I hope you all have a wonderful Halloween! Let us know what you'd like to see this week on the blog :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow