Spring Couture 2016

All images are courtesy of Vogue.com Could you tell that this was indoors?! Haute couture shows are probably my favorite ones t...

All images are courtesy of Vogue.com


Could you tell that this was indoors?!

Haute couture shows are probably my favorite ones to watch. You can't ignore stunning details, from the floor to the last bead on the dress. Some of Paris's top designers showcase their most exquisite, luxurious pieces for those lucky enough to see them! So, today I will show you some of my favorite designs, beauty and hair from the week!

Aouadi

The beading on this collection is amazing

Aouadi's gorgeous blush, nude and beaded ensembles look feminine, and the thirteen-piece collection screamed luxury. One can see the links to Chanel, with the countless pearls and embroidery. This definitely is a jump start for the brand, and I absolutely adore the first collection I've seen!
 
How stunning is this color?

Chanel

Ah, Chanel, how I adore you. When you think of haute couture, it's likely that the first name to pop into your head is the world renowned power house. The thing I love about Chanel is that their collections always seem timeless. You could buy a piece today, wear it ten years from now, and the chances are that people will still be 'ooh' and 'ah'ing. This round of the runway featured the classic pearly buttons, jackets and the ever coveted runway models. Exactly what we expected, but it's always exciting to watch!

The full collection 

Armani Privé

Purple princess!
This collection screamed out to my inner child, the purple princess with the Barney obsession. By this point, I've come to the realization that pastel colors might just be a trend that I could be on board with. Whilst I won't be throwing out every black piece of clothing I own (as if that would ever happen), there might be a little bit of color thrown in there soon. I make no promises, but these ensembles really do have me itching to buy something different.


Christian Dior

The optical illusion on the roof both terrifies and fascinates me
You know everything I said about "pastels being the new trend"? I take it back. Kind of. Black and white reigned at the Dior show, and goodness, they ruled. Between the different patterns, skater style fits and awesome backdrop, you can see why everyone in the front row has looks of awe on their faces. Also, can we take a moment to appreciate the oversized ballerina style bows on the shoes? I really like them!




My two favorites!

Atelier Versace

This was the celebrity studded runway I was waiting for. The white runway left all eyes on the bright colored dresses and well known faces, this show threw it back. The classic cutouts, feminine silhouettes and bright faces are all one would expect from the stunning powerhouse, with an extra 'oomph' with our favorite models strutting down the runway. Even the behind the scenes were incredible!




Rosie Huntington-Whitely

Zuhair Murad

Sheer, white, and pastel. Essentially what one would expect from Zuhair Murad, but oh, so much better. See, this brings me back to the pastel/black debate. These dresses make me wish I had all the money in the world to buy every dress in the collection. Not that I would suit 99% of these, but you know... just to awe at their intricate detailing.




You can tell that Murad also does bridal, but I love it!
Pastels -10000, Black - 10000... uh oh.
What was your favorite couture show for Spring 2016? Are there any trends that you're itching to try? Let me now in the comments!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow