Staycation in Dubai

One and Only The Palm, Dubai Whilst Sarah had the opportunity to go to Tehran for the winter break (more on that soon), I spent my two...

One and Only The Palm, Dubai

Whilst Sarah had the opportunity to go to Tehran for the winter break (more on that soon), I spent my two weeks at home. Even though it sounds like a very dull way to spend two weeks, I definitely got the opportunity to look around the city in a way I never had before. Here are some of the things I loved to explore during my break, and ideas you could use for your next staycation!

Go somewhere new (or at least somewhere you don't always go)...

Now, I've lived in this city for quite a long time, but I will not be the first to admit that you can still leave areas unexplored, especially the 'tourist' zones. So, we went to the Palazzo Versace. It's brand new, and has awesome features that scream luxury. I'd recommend taking a trip down there to explore the amazing parts of the hotel. Oh, and the desert! You have to try that.

It looks like Italy, but it's not!
You could literally play "name the celebrity dress" for hours...
10 brownie points for whoever knows what the fabric is from...

Probably the best dessert I had in those two weeks...
Pancakes at Leopold's of London
I'm not sure where I ate this, but yum.

Eat at your favorite place

Oh, my favorite pastime. Go to your favorite restaurant, pig out. You deserve it. Eat enough cake to give you a twin sized food baby. You can work it off later ;) 

Note - Okay, looking at these photos is making me ridiculously hungry... if the quality of this post gets worse than it is now, I apologize.



Angelina, Mall of the Emirates (the Paris one is better, not going to lie).




Go to your old stomping ground, but do something different!

JBR, the beach, the One and Only on The Palm... I'm at one or two of them every week. But, I've never done some of the most touristy things there. Playing games at the 'circus', going up and down the beach and having afternoon tea with in the rain, by a stunning pool. 


Jumeirah Beach
Again, 10 brownie points if you know where this is from :)

Don't forget...

Just because you've been somewhere a long time, it doesn't mean that you can't enjoy yourself and try something new! Let me know what you love to do on a staycation!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow