MFW - AW16

The magic of Dolce and Gabbana All images are courtesy of Vogue.com Ciao! Milan's fashion week is arguably the trend setter for ...

The magic of Dolce and Gabbana
All images are courtesy of Vogue.com

Ciao! Milan's fashion week is arguably the trend setter for the season. With powerhouses like Versace, Bottega Veneta, Versace and Gucci, MFW is arguably the best place to see high fashion trends for future seasons. The shows seem more luxe and exclusive, and whilst some of the pieces aren't exactly replicable in the real world, they are by far the best way to see some of the most creative parts of fashion. I'm sure that this is debatable, but by the time  I have to commend most design houses for actually producing pieces for the colder weather. We seem to forget that not every autumn is as warm as last years! 

Gucci

Featuring vibrant hues, Gucci's show was a throwback to a much more traditional time. I absolutely adore the skirt above, it's the perfect length and style (I usually try to wear similar high waisted ones when I can) to wear for a 'work' event or from day to night. I was fascinated by the print on the red dress above, at first it seems like flowers, but upon a closer glance you will see it's babies! Not the most wearable print, but it would definitely be a conversation starter!

Les Copains


Thick wollen sweaters, sweater dresses, jackets - all cold weather staples that Les Copains has done beautifully. I'm not going to lie, when I first saw the collection I was startled by the amount of wool. For a moment I'd forgotten that it was an AW collection! That's what happens when the seasons start to merge, I guess. There were amazing pieces that would be easily replicated. I adored the feminine blush mixed in with black in many of the dresses! They would be perfect to match the falling leaves. 

Dolce & Gabbana

All you need is long hair to make this perfect

The caption for this collection on Facebook was "what if Cinderella wore Dolce & Gabbana". The collection fit the tee for that. With stitching alluding to Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty and other mystical Disney films, the collection provides magic to those of us who could be seen as too old to have any left. 






Giamba

I guess white after labor day is a thing in Italy (I joke... who follows that belief for longer than a week?) This collection would appeal to the "grungy" girl who likes to dress up, aka me when I actually leave my house. The bright, colored jackets paired with the innocent looking skater dress would be perfect for a day out with friends turned tea with grandmère. Perfect for those of us who want to do it all in a little bit of time. 



You don't understand how much I want these

What was your favorite collection from this fashion week? What trend are you excited to see in Paris? Au revoir!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow