Double Grilled Cheese

Since Sarah posted a cold brew recipe earlier today, I thought it would be fun to share my ridiculously simple dinner. Grilled cheese is ...


Since Sarah posted a cold brew recipe earlier today, I thought it would be fun to share my ridiculously simple dinner. Grilled cheese is one of those comfort foods that I love having after a long day. After the first full day of school and a lengthy gym session (yes, this is Tanya... who went out, and exercised *gasp*), this was exactly what I needed. Instead of just going for a regular old grilled cheese, I tried something a bit more exciting. Double cheese. The fact that I'm actually writing a recipe out for this is embarrassing, but you might get my logic at the end, I hope...

What you need - 
  • Bread (I used brown bread)
  • Mild cheddar cheese 
  • Parmesan cheese 
  • An unhealthy amount of butter (I used low fat, but a bucket load)
  • Optional - another type of spread (sometimes I mix in anchovy spread) 
  • Pan
  • Stove
  • Spatula (the 'Turner' one with the little holes)
How I made it -
Okay, so, instead of writing this out in list form (if I see another 'method' I'm going to smash my screen), I'm going to write this in as much detail as possible. I'd put a little bit of butter (or spread) inside the bread, so that the cheese sticks more. Then, break up the cheddar cheese into pieces in a size of your choice. The larger the slice, the less it will melt. Then, scatter it onto the bread, and then add the parmesan as well. Put butter (or spread) onto the other side of the bread, and a bit in the pan.  Close up the sandwich, put it on the pan, and turn on the stove. The butter should start sizzling (so be careful!) and the bread should turn a slight golden color. You can choose how much you'd like to 'grill' the sandwich, so when you are satisfied (I like mine a little burnt, like above), you can flip the sandwich over with a spatula. The butter means that all the cheese should stick and melt well, so if you turn over the sandwich, it won't turn into a giant cheese mess. Grill the other side until you're satisfied. I usually use the spatula to cut the sandwich, and see if the cheese is grilled enough. If it isn't, just turn the sandwich onto it's side and wait for the cheese to melt a bit more. It shouldn't take longer than a few seconds. Then, you're all good to go! 

If you try to make something similar, let us know! We are foodies, after all!



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wonderful recipe! I should try this out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let us know your thoughts if you do try it! Tanya x

      Delete

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow