Words of the Week - The Great Debates

Excuse my figure in the back, and the crookedness of the pictures Phew, another week down. Almost all of my coursework is finished (it...

Excuse my figure in the back, and the crookedness of the pictures

Phew, another week down. Almost all of my coursework is finished (it is the bane of my existence), so I can finally get into proper revision. Along with that will, of course, be a flock of posts on how to survive the dreaded stu-dying. This week has consisted of binge-watching spin-offs (Fuller House, anyone?) and listening to some new music. Not much reading, sorry! Anyways, let's take a look...

Social Media Update

In case you don't follow us on social media, I'm going to put all of our links here. We really want  deci have you involved in deciding what you'd like to see from us, and by following we can improve our content whilst keeping you interested! So, I'll put the links underneath my sign-off!

What to watch

Fuller House

Okay, this will be a controversial one (in fact, I might have to do a follow up on this), but I wasn't a fan of the follow up to Full House. Maybe it's just that I was so young when I watched the original that the comedy doesn't work for me? I've got no clue. The biggest surprise was that the older stars (Uncle Jessie, Danny, Becky) weren't even in the show that much! They were just guest stars... disappointing. However, I adore Max (the middle child of D.J's kids). He could be the break out star of the show, I think... Middle child power!

Dawson's Creek

My mother has convinced me to watch this. It was her favorite show, so I felt obliged to watch it. I'm still not sure how I feel about it, 

What to read

Reactions: Not everything in life is Likable, Geoff Teehan via Medium

After Facebook's sudden introduction of the new 'like' system, many people have been complaining about the feature. This article argues against all the 'haters' and shows the analytical decision behind arguably the biggest change on the site in a while.

Should you select your child's gender? The debate surrounding Chrissy Teigen's IVF reveal, Vogue.com

After Chrissy Teigen announced that she had chosen to have a daughter, the great IVF debate began. At school, we were always taught to question the ethical implications of having the choice, and now that the opportunity is available, it really makes one question  - would you choose your child's gender? Vogue.com provides arguments for both sides, in an extremely well written piece. 

What to listen to 

I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it, The 1975

This album features a range of gorgeous ballads and songs you could blast out in the shower. Unlike many bands before them, The 1975 is somehow able to do upbeat and mellow, and drop them into one perfect, artsy album. I love how their persona hasn't really changed with the radio fame, and it plays homage to the fact that fame really doesn't mean everything. My personal favorites are She's American (it's embarrassingly relatable), Nana, Paris, and Somebody Else

Rock Bottom (feat. DNCE), Hailee Steinfeld 

As much as I loved the original version of this song, this new one with Joe Jonas and his band is even better. The harmonizing in this bad boy is incredible!

Let me know what you've been enjoying this week, and what you'd like to see from us! I'll see most of you (hopefully) on my Milan Fashion Week post! Enjoy the rest of February!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow