Taxi, Takeout, Landing

Made using AdobePost on iPhone The title is somewhat explanatory of these past few weeks. So I’ll break it down to sum up my t...

Made using AdobePost on iPhone


The title is somewhat explanatory of these past few weeks. So I’ll break it down to sum up my time - especially the break.

Taxi

I didn’t actually go out too much, I was more stationed at home. But the short little bursts I did manage to go out were pretty great and memorable. Some great people had great birthdays with great food - so that was the highlight of my time out.

Takeout

Since I was stationed at home, food was quite scarce. Our fridge consisted of all kinds of juices and beverages and lettuce, with occasional leftover rice from last month’s Persian feast. I was — quite unhealthily — living off takeout more than I was used to. Anything from Sushi, to burgers, to even more frequently: Milkshakes. Yes. Delivery Milkshakes.
If you live in Dubai, I highly (Tanya will too) recommend Shakeism Milkshakes. The Reese’s milkshake was what was pulling me out of the pit of papers, textbooks and fatigue. 


Landing

My bed. My mom decided to be cute and got me new bedsheets and cabinets so I can tidy up and be neat. Something about my brain achieving ‘osmolarity’ with my room. And I will say, it really did work. Landing’s referring to my bed. I’d get out my turntable, and pop in Coltrane’s Stardust, and take a long break. 



Bibliography

I started reading Murakami’s Hard-boiled Wonderland and the End of The World. It’s a weird story - so far I’m on page 5 - but much like Murakami’s novels, it’s hard to put down. I find his writing really ideal for people (like me) who need a little break from everything. Like, a break from the world. Since most of his novels (to my subjective opinion) classify under metafiction and surrealism, it’s fantastic if you just want to escape for a bit. Although reality may get a little dull every time you have to close the book.



Filmography

It’s been hard to finish a movie whilst studying. It’s also equally as hard to study while watching  a movie. So my movie viewings became a sort of part-by-part thing in my free time or study breaks — meaning that I was watching films I’ve already seen so I don’t get attached. This involved one of my favorites, Wes Anderson’s The Royal Tenenbaums (2001). I’m all about satirical-dysfunctional-family-type movies. And again back to ‘Meta’, it’s a great escape from reality.

Jams

I already mentioned what I was listening to, and it’s already my favorite album by Coltrane. But instead I’m going to suggest one of my all-time favorites: Scar Tissue by Red Hot Chili Peppers.







You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great post on "Taxi, Takeout, Landing". As a professional chef i have to appreciate your work. Keep Posting useful posts like this. Keep in touch with my websites- chef program | lifestyle cooking institutes

    ReplyDelete

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow