Words of the Week - Short on Time

I realized this morning that they don't sell peonies where I live, so here's a photo of one I took at home in London. (Random, b...

I realized this morning that they don't sell peonies where I live, so here's a photo of one I took at home in London.
(Random, but I have no nice photo to sum up the week)


Oh look, it's me. Sitting in my Biology lesson with a solid half hour carved out to write this post. Let's see how this goes... P.S. if you're wondering why I have this time now, we're watching a documentary on neurons... fun. P.P.S I've scheduled this for 4PM GMT, which means if it's half finished, I clearly ran out of time. So sorry for that.

I know I said that we'll post more this week because we're on holiday. I know that a solid 10% of you probably believed it. For those of you who did, I apologize. Besides the fashion week post (another one will be up this week), I didn't have the time to post. There's a lovely long list sitting on my desk judging me, and whilst I had aimed to finish everything on the list in the half term break. That failed, and I still have three or four giant tasks left to do. But, during my (endless stream of) procrastination, I did find some really interesting things to read and watch.

What to Read

The Quotes That Made "To Kill A Mockingbird" A Classic by Refinery29

In light of Harper Lee's death two days ago, many websites have been posting tributes to the classic novel that shaped American literature. Refinery29 posted this article around this time last year, and it has resurfaced to share some of the most enlightening quotes from the novel.

At this point in time, I've managed to get distracted by the quotes and then had seven minutes left of the lesson. Maybe I'll get something done in Psych.

I lied. I didn't get any further in Psych. In fact, I ended up actually doing work. I promise you I'm not normally like this, it's just the first day back...

The Power of 'I' by Jonas Ellison, via Medium

As someone who has really struggled to switch from having no opinion in writing to scribbling my thoughts down on this blog, it is interesting to see that other people feel the same vulnerability when writing about their own thoughts.

What to Watch

Lily Learns... How To Do Dutch/ Dino Braids - Lily Melrose

As someone who has no braiding/hair skills whatsoever (seriously, ask anyone around me), this was way too relatable. Can someone PLEASE teach me how to braid decently? I learnt how to do regular braids in Year 10 in the back of my psych classroom... can anyone see a trend here?

How to Get Away with Murder

I accidentally got my aunt hooked on to this last week whilst on a Netflix binge in the living room. Whilst my mother was traumatized by the "vulgarity and unrealistic courtroom behavior", it seems like younger audiences (I don't mean kids, Netflix says 16+ but even that might be debatable) are really hooked. I'm up to the latest episode, so if anyone is interested in starting it, I 100% recommend it.

Women Discuss Relationship Red Flags

Even though I'm single, I was really entertained by this. The comment section is hilarious, so if you're in a mood, check it out!

What have you been enjoying this week? Is there anything you're really looking forward to watching or reading in the next? Have fun going back to school (if you're going to school), and otherwise, enjoy the week!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Reading the comment section of any blog post or article is one of my favorite things! :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's always nice to read other people's comments and see the funny things some people have written :)

      Tanya xo

      Delete

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow