Boring Notes, Pretty Pages

Tanya's logic - even if your notes make no sense, at least they look good? School shopping is one of those things you either do a...

Tanya's logic - even if your notes make no sense, at least they look good?


School shopping is one of those things you either do at the very last minute, or as soon as summer starts (or maybe, that's just me). As Sarah loves to say, I'm organized as anything. The week after school had ended, I'd already bought my school supplies, ready to head off for the Summer. My plan is always to return back for school at the last second, with all of my stuff ready to just grab and go. You don't even want to know how exhausted I was on the first day of school last year... I may or may not have taken a nap at lunch. Here's some of the stuff I'd recommend you buy before classes start.

Notebooks
As tech-oriented as we are these days, notebooks are the best way to ensure that all of your notes are organized and easy to find. Everyone has had that near panic moment where they can't find their notes for an assignment, and have to steal someone else's at the last minute. Usually, I grab one softcover notebook per subject, just because they're lighter to carrier in a school bag. I use hardcover ones for my revision notes, that I know I will keep until the exam, so they can be hauled across the globe without being destroyed in my suitcase.
Tip - if you find that you're a bit too slow to write notes in class, type them up in class, go home and write them up as you wish. You're more likely to remember things you handwrite!

Post-its
Everyone I know seems to have post-its stuck to their laptops. It's the easiest way to write down deadlines and reminders. With the bright colored notes constantly in your face, you're constantly reminded of what you need to do. The constant nagging of the neon paper could help you quit procrastinating... a girl can dream. I usually grab a variety of sizes, as they come in handy for just about everything. For one of my presentations last year, all of my notes were on post-its, just because once I had said the point, I could remove it from my main work. I'd suggest stocking up on them in bulk - once people find out you have some, they'll be gone fast!

Colors 
Sarah will be the first to admit that my Maths book looks like a toddler has doodled all over it. The only way I understand my notes is when they are sprayed with highlights, neon colors and doodles. My favorite pens are from MUJI, but I'd also recommend the Frixion erasable markers - they're ideal if you make a mistake (or 100 in your maths notes), just erase the blip and pretend it never happened. I always find that the best way for me to revise is with some aesthetically pleasing notes.

What are your tips for the first few days back? Are there any essential items you have to have before the term starts? Let us know!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow