LFW

      All images are courtesy of Vogue.com Victoria Beckham, who revealed that her inspiration came from the Jardin Majorelle i...


     
All images are courtesy of Vogue.com


Victoria Beckham, who revealed that her inspiration
came from the Jardin Majorelle in Marrakech
As I had briefly touched upon in last weeks segment on NYFW, London Fashion Week is something I've always fantasized about going to. London is essentially my stomping ground, and the creativity that comes out during the local fashion shows is astounding. Most of the showsI've seen this time around are at places I frequented (Seymour Leisure Centre? I used to take yoga and have PE lessons there in primary school. Kensington Gardens? The home of the stunning walk I mentioned earlier this month...), which sparked my attention even more. This years shows were at unconventional places,  showing unique pieces, and boy, did it look stunning. Now that the city has died down, here are some of my favorite shows of the season.


Burberry 
If you would like to view Burberry's S/S16 womenswear runway show, the link is here! I'd skip to around 55 minutes, when the show actually starts.
Burberry is my dream show. It's the one I've always fantasized about. No two runways are the same, and you're never disappointed with the location, atmosphere or pieces. Each dress a work of art, every look a masterpiece in it's own right. I watched the entire show with my eyes bugged out of my head, mind blown at the sheer simplicity of the designs. The simple ideas worked with the stunning setting, and the grey gloom peering through the glass building represented London to the tee - the whole show did. Here are some of the things I saw that had me wishing I could buy them...



























I'm buying this, even if I have to spend all my money
























Not going to lie, this photo is now my desktop wallpaper.
Anya Hindmarch
Anya Hindmarch is a brand that has recently been in the spotlight. I still remember the first bag that my mother purchased from the store, a silver sequined one, that I was amazed by. Now, the brand has much more quirky theme, which I think is targeted at a younger crowd. This season's show was based around consumerism (in my opinion), with both the bags and outfits donned with the logos of brands. Could this relate to the consumer lifestyle of England? I have no idea. Here are the quirkiest pieces of the collection.


The 'Boots' boots are probably my favorite thing here

Vivienne Westwood Red Label

What were your favorite collections from London Fashion Week? Are there any trends you feel are perfect for next year? Let me know in the comments!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow