Week Ending - Introduction

Throwback to a nice latte at Andronicas Coffee in Piccadilly this summer As Tanya explained here, we are going to have a "week...


Throwback to a nice latte at Andronicas Coffee in Piccadilly this summer

As Tanya explained here, we are going to have a "weekly summary" of sorts where we just talk about our week. I won’t write too much on this since she already went through it and is so much better at explaining than I am. The way mine (I guess) differs from Tanya’s is that I would give a very short summary of what happened during my week and what I’m looking forward to in the weekend and my spare time. (It will pretty much be almost identical to Tanya's in terms of concept) 
So! Without further ado, here is Sarah's Week Ending.

School started this week and went just as expected: Traumatic. It really hit me how much work we have and how soon they're all due. Luckily some familiar faces helped me get through this week without that much suicidal tendencies (Hi Tanya).
I've started rereading The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster (even thought I'm in the middle of reading something else right now) for the hundredth time. It's the book that "changed my life", let's put it, and I always turn to reading it in moments where I feel burned out. Ironically, it's not a calming book. At all. It's a postmodern mystery novel and as soon as you feel like you understand something, you're wrong. I would definitely recommend this book for anyone to read without a second thought. Just good luck understanding the ending.

Bibliography

The New York Trilogy to the side, I'm currently reading The Wind Up Bird Chronicles by Haruki Murakami. Murakami is probably one of *the* greatest writers ever lived today in my opinion. His books are like a Dalì painting in text and they're so wonderfully weird and always get my brain going. 
Toru Okada goes on a search for his wife's missing cat. This simple task unfolds  a psychic prostitute; a politician; a cheerfully morbid teenage girl; and a war veteran who has been permanently changed by the hideous things he witnessed in Manchuria. 
Very Murakami. 

Filmography

Being the film fanatic and hard-to-please-person that I am, my film tastes are...well...I don't know how to define it. I can like anything but at the same time I like nothing. This weekend I need motivation/something to up my mood so I can't turn to the usual mindblow movies (Mulholland Dr. for example). This weekends "survival" movie is none other than You've Got Mail (Dir. Nora Ephron). This movie is my favorite feel-good movie. I mean what more could you want? Meg Ryan, Tom Hanks, New York, Books, good laughs and so much more!

Jams

This weekends soundtrack, is something I stumbled upon by chance. If you're into The Strokes or Sonic Youth then I think you'd enjoy Wilco. Wilco's newest album, Star Wars, is free to download for a limited time from their website and it is honestly great. It makes you feel like a total bada** doing those essays. 

Gastronomy
I've discovered the phenomenon of one-pot cooking. It's ideal for someone as lazy as me, one pot, no extra cooking or cleaning. Perfect. Most of these one-pot wonders are pasta recipes which is amazing in my opinion. I found a really nice pasta recipe, on how to make one pot spicy chicken riggies


Check Out


  • Reorient (an online magazine)'s article on Iran's **biggest** pop star to this day, Googoosh. 
  • This cool website explained in their own words: "Radio broadcasts leave Earth at the speed of light. Scroll away from Earth and hear how far the biggest hits of the past have travelled. The farther away you get, the longer the waves take to travel there—and the older the music you’ll hear."
  • Byword. It's an awesome word processor I use on non-essay type writings, like drafts of my posts on here, my novels, etc. It's very aesthetically pleasing and distraction free. 

How's your weekend going?

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Great Blog. Sarah is my spirit animal xxxxxx. Tanya is bae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hahah hope your weekend was as fun as that comment!

      Sarah x

      Delete
  2. Your writing technics are extraordinary Sarah! Happy to be able to follow you and Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very flattered to hear that thank you!
      Sarah x

      Delete

Let us know your thoughts!

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.
Follow